Best Beginner Electric Guitars
Electric guitars were first invented in the 1920s and ‘30s by Paul H. Tutmarc, inspired by the inner workings of a telephone.
These guitars are basically made up of strings vibrating on wood. The vibrations pass on to an amplifier as signals to produce sound.
Electric guitars are smaller than acoustics, make use of lighter string gauges, and vary in shape and style. Moreover, When it comes to sound, they depend mostly on electronic pickups.
These pickups can be as much as three in number and have different outputs well blended to produce more exciting sound ranges.
Also, the versatility of the electric guitar makes it suitable for most music styles like jazz, heavy metal, country, and rock. People who want to learn to play the guitar but have a short attention span often recommend these guitars.
Best Rated Beginner Electric Guitar Reviewed.
Davison Guitars Full-Size Black Electric Guitar with Amp
|VIEW LATEST PRICE|
Best Choice Products 41in Full Size Beginner Electric Guitar Bundle
|VIEW LATEST PRICE|
Squier by Fender Bullet Stratocaster Beginner Electric Guitar
|VIEW LATEST PRICE|
Epiphone Les Paul Electric Guitar Player Package
|VIEW LATEST PRICE|
Dean Vendetta XM Electric Guitar
|VIEW LATEST PRICE|
The process of learning to play the electric guitar is an interesting and life-changing one. Learning will expose you to a lot of possibilities and adventures.
To begin this learning process, you need to have the best electric guitar to practice with.
The internet opens beginners up to a wide range of awesome electric guitars to choose from.
As a matter of fact, everything you need to know about playing an electric guitar can be found online.
This beginner electric guitar is has every accessory you need to begin playing. It has a full size of 39 inches and is of a maple neck, rosewood fretboard, basswood body, and a glossy finish. More features include a chrome bridge system, 6 strings, diecast tuners, and a humbucker pickup structure. Of course, these features will help to make tuning and playing easier.
Furthermore, the structure of the pickup favors rock sound so it is better for rock musicians. Interestingly, the body of this instrument is well contoured to ensure easy playability by any age or size. As part of its accessory bundle, this electric guitar package contains an amplifier that has an overdrive/distortion button. Moreover, other accessories include a case, strap, cable, picks, pitch type. Ultimately, this Davidson starter guitar package is very affordable for beginners and equipped with everything you need to play right of the box.
This beginner electric guitar has a body made of classic hardwood, a glossy finish, and a rosewood fingerboard having 22 frets. Furthermore, it has a humbucker pickup configuration, a maple neck, and 6 strings. It is designed for comfort with all necessary accessories for beginners to play right out of the box.
Moreover, these accessories include a nylon carrying bag, a 10W amplifier with volume, bass, treble, and bass controls, and a cable cord. Also, the accessories that come with it are an extra set of strings, a guitar pick, a shoulder strap, and a tremolo bar. In addition, this full-sized beginner electric guitar comes already assembled and weighs just 5.55 lbs.
This beginner electric guitar has a solid wood body, a C-shaped maple neck, and a rosewood fretboard with a 9.5 radius and 21 medium frets. It is very playable and sounds great with 6 strings, 2 tone controls, and a master volume. Moreover, other remarkable features are a combination pickup configuration with 3 single-coil bridge system, and a 5-way pickup selector switch.
Furthermore, maximum playability is assured by the string gauges through adjustable truss rod and chrome synchronized tremolo saddles. In addition, this beautiful electric guitar also has a durable glossy finish. Conclusively, Squier by Fender Bullet Strat is an iconic, affordable, practical, and versatile electric guitar highly recommended for beginners.
This beginner electric guitar has a solid wood body, with its back and neck made from mahogany. It is a full-sized beginner electric guitar with 6 strings and a scale length of 24.75. Moreover, as part of its makeup, it has a humbucker pickup configuration and a tune-o-matic bridge system.
Furthermore, with this package comes a 10-watt amp, a strap, clip-on headstock chromatic tuner, medium picks, a gig bag, and free guitar lessons. In addition, this electric guitar is everything a new player needs in terms of sound quality, workmanship, design, and playability.
This beginner electric guitar is uniquely made with a Paulownia body, maple neck with a bolt-on construction, and resilient satin finish. It features 24 frets on the rosewood fingerboard, dot inlays, 6 strings, and a scale of 25.5 inches. Moreover, their aim is to improve playability and sound quality. The truss rod of this Dean Vendetta beauty offers dual action, while it operates with sealed die-cast tuners. Also, controls are available for volume, tone, and a 3-way toggle.
Furthermore, as part of the design, there are Dean humbuckers pickups and a tune-o-matic bridge system with a string-through-body design. These features help increase sustain and provide precise intonation based on your tuning preference. Also, the Paulownia wood used in constructing the body of this guitar is lightweight, porous, very resonant and gives an overall sonic signature. Additionally, this beginner electric guitar is gorgeous, versatile, lightweight, fully equipped, and budget-friendly.
This beginner electric guitar comes well assembled with its wooden construction, maple neck, and smooth finish. It has an adjustable bridge system, a truss rod and 6 strings with a length of 25.59 inches. Moreover, its volume and tone can be regulated, and it has a 5 scale tone changer. In addition, this attractive instrument comes with a sturdy top, fine arches, and a playability that beginners will love.
Furthermore, the accessories included are a protective carrying case, a 10-watt amplifier, a guitar strap, and an 8ft cable. An additional set of strings, 2 picks, 2 Allen keys, and a tremolos rod also form part of the accessories. Remarkably, this electric guitar produces a sound that is naturally bright and warm enough for any music genre.
This beginner electric guitar comes with a full size of 39 inches. The body is from solid wood, the neck from Canadian maple, and the fingerboard from rosewood. In addition, it features an adjustable neck, a one-way tremolo, S-S-S pickups with a pickup switch. It also has controls for volume and tone. Moreover, this ideal package includes a lightweight 20-watt amplifier that produces great sound.
Furthermore, this amp has an overdrive and headphone jack, a loudspeaker, and equalizations for treble, bass, gain and grind. Another accessory is the digital clip-on tuner with a 440Hz frequency and instructions for tuning.
Also, this tuner helps to keep your guitar perfectly tuned for a long time. Other accessories are an extra set of 6 strings, 2 picks, tremolo bar, shoulder strap, and a case. LyxPro Complete Beginner Starter Kit works great, looks great and is neither heavy nor hard to play.
Also Read: Best Guitar Tuners
This beginner electric guitar is handcrafted with quality wood to produce a rich, full sound. It is built to last with a Paulownia wood body, Maplewood neck, and rosewood fretboard with 22 frets. Finishing is perfectly done with a high gloss coating that ensures beauty and durability. More so, the guitar features a length of 38.7 inches, 6 strings, 26.0 scale length, an integrated pickguard, and a single-coil pickup configuration.
Furthermore, other features include a double-cutaway design with tuner pegs and chrome-accent hardware. The pegs are easily adjustable to keep the guitar well-tuned for a long time.
PylePro Electric Guitar has a bundle which includes an amp, an extra string set, a pitch pipe tuner, detachable shoulder strap, 1/4-inch audio connection cable, 3 picks, and a case. In summary, this beautiful electrical guitar provides exceptional tone, sound, and playability for beginners and seasoned players alike.
Also Read: Best Cheap & Affordable Electric Guitars
This beginner electric guitar has an alder body, a bolt-on maple neck, and a rosewood fingerboard. It also features 6 strings, die-cast tuners with a vintage-style tremolo and block saddle bridge. Controls for this guitar are master volume and master tone.
Moreover, a vintage tremolo bridge system has block saddles, a humbucker pickup configuration and 5-way switch having a coil tap.
In addition, the sound it produces ranges from heavy distortion to clear and clean. This beautiful guitar is versatile, easy to play, offer excellent performance, and produce a great tone.
Also Read: Best Travel Electric Guitar
This beginner electric guitar is inspired by the renowned guitarist, inventor, and artist, Les Paul. It is a high-quality instrument made with a mahogany body, rosewood fingerboard, a set mahogany neck, and trapezoid inlays. Moreover, the neck and body have a beautiful cream binding that adds beauty and durability to this instrument.
Additionally, there are 6 strings with a scale length of 24.75, as well as Epiphone ProBucker 2 and 3 pickups. Also, it is interesting to note that this standard electric guitar has pickup volume with push/pull coil-tapping on both the neck and bridge. This bridge has a tune-o-matic guitar bridge system. To sum it all up, this electric guitar gives very good value at a price that is easy on the pocket. It really does sound good, offers good action and sustain, and looks beautiful.
Key Considerations When Buying the Best Beginner Electric Guitar
An electric guitar is one of the most affordable musical instruments to learn music with. Beginner electric guitars are available in different brands, designs, features, and sizes. In the end, there are so many to pick from and this can make buying one really confusing. So, buying an electric guitar for a beginner requires paying attention to some very important factors.
- Accessories – There are some basic accessories that your electric guitar can do without. Many electric guitars come with accessories, while others have to be bought separately. Some of the more common accessories that should accompany electric guitars include a powerful guitar amplifier, a good quality carrying bag/case, a guitar strap, picks, and jack-to-jack cable.
- Age – There are electric guitars for every age group. The younger the player, the smaller the guitar should be. An electric guitar that is too small or big will be uncomfortable to play. Most times, however, height is more important in choosing the guitar size than the age itself.
- Budget – Electric guitars come in different price ranges. The best electric guitar for a beginner is an inexpensive one with good quality. You should never trade quality for the price. The electric guitar you choose should give you great value at a very reasonable price.
- Purpose and Music Style – You have to know what you are buying the electric guitar for before buying it. Knowing this guitar’s purpose will allow you to know which to choose. In-door practice, gigs, jamming, and recording are some of the purposes for choosing a particular kind of electric guitar. Some electric guitars are better for jazz, while others sound better when playing country or rock.
- Body Style – Different body styles have varying sound and playing styles. Generally, electric guitars come in three major body styles. These styles are a solid body, semi-hollow, and hollow body. Electric guitars with the solid body are the best for beginners. They have better sustain, louder amplification, and many effects. Electric guitars with a semi-hollow body are usually used when you need higher amplification and a more acoustic sound. Meanwhile, Hollow body electric guitars provide very good acoustic sound but give feedback at high amplification levels.
- Bridge – Guitars can either have a tremolo bridge or a stop-tail bridge. The tremolo bridge or whammy bar gives you the ability to dive or bend all the strings at once. However, this kind of bridge will make the strings will easily get out of tune. Contrastively, stop-tail bridges keep in tune better and provide more sustain.
- Finish – The finish of your electric guitar does not in any way affect your guitar’s sound. It will, however, add to its beauty. A good quality guitar will have a perfect finish.
- Frets – Frets influence the tone and playability of your electric guitar. For your frets to be perfectly matched and deliver very good action, the neck has to be smooth and playable. 22 frets are common in electric guitars. Manufacturers determine the thickness and size of the fret wire that will best match the guitar’s instruments.
- Intonation – This will allow you to know whether your notes are playing in tune or not while you move up the neck. Moreover, the electric guitar will not play in tune if the distance between the frets is off. A guitar that is not in tune will sound very terrible.
- Neck – Necks come in different shapes. They could be C-shaped, thin, or wide-thin. The best neck for your guitar should depend on the size of your hand. Moreover, some necks are set while some are bolt-on. Also, it is generally believed that the sustain is better with a set neck than with a bolt-on neck.
- Pickups – These are often underneath the strings close to where the guitar is plucked. Their main function is to pick up the guitar’s sound that vibrates through an internal magnetic coil thus producing an electric signal that moves through the amp. Most of the electric guitars feature 2 pickups with one close to the neck and the other close to the bridge. The pickup near the neck ensures thicker sound, while the one near the bridge ensures a treble sound.
- Scale Length – This is the string’s vibrating length. The longer the scales, the farther the distance between frets. Overall, scale length has a role to play in the kind of total quality and string tension at a certain pitch.
- Tuning Machines – Tuning machines enable you to fine-tune your instrument and also hold pitch. When the machine heads enclose, they will repel rust and corrosions better.
- Wood – The type of wood for the electric guitar is one of the determinants of its tone and weight. The wood you choose depends on the kind of sound you want to hear as all woods have their unique sound. An expensive electric guitar may not necessarily be a great sounding one.
Also Read: Best Electric Guitar Tuner
In summary, everyone who wants to learn to play an electric guitar is to get the best electric guitar at a reasonable price. The major qualities to look out for in an electric guitar are the sound, tone, playability, and versatility. Also, the ability to stay in tune for long, and durability are important. As a beginner, choosing the best beginner electric guitar can be both exciting and confusing.