Best Cajon Drums
This page contains affiliate links. We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post through our independently chosen links, which earn us a commission. Learn More
The Cajon drum is a Spanish box that originates from Peru. Cajon drums are visibly getting a wave of interest lately, and thus the market provision of the item is quite large, what may give the buyer a hard time to select a single product from a wide range of the latter.
Quick Links: Best Cajon Drums
- Best of the Best: Pyle String Cajon
- Runner Up: Mein Cajon with Internal Snares
- Best for Budget: Mein Percussion Subwoofer Bass Cajon
- Best for Beginners: Saw tooth ST-CJ120B Cajon
- Best for Intermediates: Barcelona Birchwood Cajon
Best Rated Cajon Drums Reviewed
Pyle String Cajon
|VIEW LATEST PRICE|
Mein Cajon with Internal Snares
|VIEW LATEST PRICE|
Mein Percussion Subwoofer Bass Cajon
|VIEW LATEST PRICE|
Saw tooth ST-CJ120B Cajon Birch Wood
|VIEW LATEST PRICE|
Barcelona Birchwood Cajon
|VIEW LATEST PRICE|
As you get into purchasing, it may get very confusing, and one may end up without the right product. With that said, below is a comprehensive list of products that we have put together just for you, to help more with your purchase.
The product is of a traditional set. Made from birch wood, it comes with a unique look that is very pleasing to the eye, suiting all users being beginners or even advanced users to make full use of their abilities. Fitted with a guitar system the Cajon produces a completely smooth and flawless rhythmic sound. It is a product that is constructed in a very careful manner which truly reflects in its playability and the sound production. The Pyle String Cajon also comes with an amazingly compact design making it very light, a perfect tool for a beginner. With its rubber-capped feet, the Cajon is amazingly stable working very efficiently as an anti-vibration remedy. This product will be fun for people of all ages. It comes with a total size of 12.0″*12.0″*18.0″(L*W*H)
The Mein Cajon has been named a perfect choice for jam sessions and shows. It is a perfect instrument for small intimate settings. The Cajon measures 10.25″deep by 10.25″wide by 15″tall. This makes it a very portable instrument for fast use and easy transit. This product is of good quality, made of Birchwood and with fitted snares from the inside. Great sound is attained easily. This product has a guaranteed warranty of two years when gotten from an authorized dealer. The drum is very easy to play. With very little help from skilled personnel, you can easily play music.
The Cajon is fitted with low end, giving a smooth deep bass. The Cajon measures 19.75″ tall by 12″ deep by 11.75″ wide. The Cajon is made in a unique style, with its sound ports facing forward and bass reflexes from the inside, producing a bass sound similar to a kick drum. It is fitted with an American White ash plate making it amazingly sensitive to finger rolls, giving its user quite some options of which to tune their dynamics. Comes with a two-year warranty when gotten from an authorized dealer since all Menlo come with a two-year warranty.
The Sawtooth Cajon comes with a carrying bag for efficient transportation of the instrument. Its feet are fitted with a durable rubber giving the instrument dependable stability and an anti-vibration remedy. For the comfort of the user, the Sawtooth Cajon is fitted with padded cushions giving the user an ultimate experience. The Sawtooth Cajon is made of birch wood thus it qualifies to be named a quality instrument. The instrument is of significant lightweight making its portability even better.
The Barcelona Cajon is of Birchwood make an impressive and bright sound. It comes with dual sets of snares which are fixed from the inside. It is of a medium size making it relatively portable and easy to store. It is fitted with a durable rubber on its feet thus giving the playing parts maximum protection and also protects the sound from vibrations alterations. The Barcelona Cajon is of 12 inches’ length.11.5 inches’ width and a height of 19 inches. Its sound-hole circumference is of approximately 15 inches giving it the right proportionality that gives it the right appearance of a standard Cajon.
Key Considerations When Buying a Cajon Drum
There are several important factors to consider when buying a Cajon box. Of course, there are the basic questions that help; like what color do you like, where are you planning to use your Cajon and how often is that, etc. But, to help you more, here are some of the key factors you need to consider when heading out to purchase a Cajon box.
- Quality of the product – by any standards, it always advisable, for any particular product, to go for the best of quality. For an ultimate experience regarding sound quality, the quality of the Cajon box is a key factor to consider. Apart from great sound quality and experience, a quality product will also mean it is more long-lasting. It is important to know the condition of the wood that was used to make your Cajon drum. For example, Wood for a Cajon drum should be able to withstand an average of 65kgs since its user will be sitting on intuiting should be treated to withhold a constant impact.
- Brand – although a reputable brand for a product does not always translate to a high-quality product, a lot of the times a renowned brand will always give quality products. A reputable brand will be more likely to give better services regarding after sales and warranty assurance than a rarely known brand.
- Size – similarly to other products, the Cajon drum comes in different sizes to suit different users. For comfort and convenience in storage or transport, size will also be another factor to consider. A smaller Cajon drum will have better portability and will suit users with smaller rooms.
- Warranty-In the modern day way of doing business, a seller is required to give assurances of a product to convince buyers to stake their money on it. The most popular assurance is the provision of a warranty. A warranty given is often of a single year or even two. It is important to consider buying an item with at least one-year warranty.
There are two considerations to make to identify the best wood for a Cajon.
- Tone – Different types of wood will give different tones for the Cajon. The design of a Cajon is not much different from the make of a drum on a drum kit. Therefore, it is important to study different kinds of wood and the tone they give to come up with a Cajon drum that will suit your needs.
- Density – The density of the wood will highly affect the sound of a Cajon. Low-density wood will prefer to absorb high-frequency sound waves at the expense of low-frequency sound waves while high-density wood will prefer to absorb low-frequency sound waves at the expense of high-frequency sound waves. To put this in a few words, low-density wood will tend to give a lower frequency of sound since the high frequency gets absorbed while the high-density wood will tend to give the high frequency of sound since the low frequency gets absorbed. This is a great consideration for a person with an intention to purchase a Cajon of a specific range.
Maple is always a consideration for making a Cajon drum since it is renowned for the production of a balanced sound with a bright tone. An all-purpose Cajon has maple as its recommended wood.
A Cajon drum is an impressive instrument and has gained popularity due to its interesting way of bringing a new wave of music. With the above recommendations, you can get a Cajon drum that will perfectly suit your needs.