Best Electric Guitar for Blues
This page contains affiliate links. We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post through our independently chosen links, which earn us a commission. Learn More
Blues has a long reputation of using various instruments, and electric guitars are a new addition to them. Electric guitars can be used for various genres, and thus finding the best suited for blues can be a tricky thing to do. Before looking at the list for electric guitar products, we should first discuss what makes them great. A great electric guitar should have the following: good sound, appropriate body type, good grip.
Quick Links: Our Top 5 Best Electric Guitar for Blues
- Best of the Best: Squier by Fender 0302000500 Vintage Modified Jaguar Electric Guitar
- Runner Up: Fender Player Stratocaster Electric Guitar – Maple Fingerboard – Polar White
- Best for Budget: Epiphone Les Paul – 100 Electric Guitar
- Best for Beginners: Gibson USA V HP 2017 Electric Guitar
- Best for Intermediates: Yamaha Pacifica Series PAC012DLX Electric Guitar
Squier by Fender 0302000500 Vintage Modified Jaguar Electric Guitar
VIEW LATEST PRICE
Fender Player Stratocaster Electric Guitar - Maple Fingerboard - Polar White
VIEW LATEST PRICE
Epiphone Les Paul – 100 Electric Guitar
VIEW LATEST PRICE
Gibson USA V HP 2017 Electric Guitar, Ebony
VIEW LATEST PRICE
Yamaha Pacifica Series PAC012DLX Electric Guitar
VIEW LATEST PRICE
Best Rated Electric Guitar for Blues Reviewed
There are no specific types of electric guitars that are specially tailored for blues. However, there have been many guitars that are said to be used by countless musicians because they produce the sound appropriate for it. Some of these guitars may come from similar manufacturers but display different qualities. Here are some of the most popular and highly-praised electric guitars that you can buy in the market today.
Squier by Fender 0302000500 Vintage Modified Jaguar Electric Guitar is also available in various color combinations. If you find that rosewood fretboards are not to your liking, laurel fretboards are an available option for you to pick. It has vintage-style chrome tuning keys that not only look appealing but also has a good grip on the strings of the guitar. The Duncan designed single-coil pickup helps give that big brash sound that you can commonly hear in electric blues genres.
Some users may not like using modified vintage electric guitars because they look like cheap knockoffs. However, this product has a potential of being better than the original line. If you are looking for a more improved version of Fender Jaguar guitars, then this guitar is just for you.
Fender Player Stratocaster Electric Guitar is the perfect choice for beginner musicians looking for a professional instrument without having to spend too much. It has three single coil pickups that enable you to produce that signature Fender sound you are looking for. This model usually suffers from humming, and the added shielded body cavities prevent this from happening. The C-shaped tinted neck provides comfort while you play the guitar while still looking very stylish.
If you are looking for a good-looking guitar that has a versatile tone, then this electric guitar is just for you. There are some quality control drawbacks to the assembly of the guitar, which may confuse some beginner players. Once you already know your way around this guitar, these minor problems should not really interfere with your music in any way.
Epiphone Les Paul – 100 Electric Guitar is made of a mahogany body that will produce a rich and resonant sound suited for blues music. It has a 24.75 scale length that provides that provides that incredible feel and influences its good sound. The top is made from maple, which helps make it strong while looking very appealing. Its 700T Humbucker pickups help emulate that classic tone found in many vintage electric guitars.
This product is a great contender for other electric guitar brands out there. The electronics of this guitar may not be as long-lasting as the other popular brands, but it is still made to be as sturdy if taken care of. Some users may find that the action is too high for their tastes, and as such is not as versatile in producing sounds for other genres.
Gibson USA V HP 2017 Electric Guitar is available in traditional and high-performance versions. The Dirty Fingers + humbuckers produce aggressive tones that are found in this iconic brand. It has mother-of-pearl inlays used in its neck that helps players produce high notes as fast and easy as possible. Every purchase comes with a hard case with a premium leather strap and a polishing cloth.
Gibson electric guitars recently have had a bad reputation when it comes to quality control. They have improved on this error with their recent model, such as this product. The only drawbacks to the product are mostly aesthetics, which can be easily fixed if you wish to repaint the guitar to make it look better.
Yamaha Pacifica Series PAC012DLX Electric Guitar is also available in other colors such as red, blue, and black. You can also get a guitar and amp bundle promo on this product if you do not have an amplifier at home. It uses Agathis wood on its body, which is a great alternative to mahogany if you find that mahoganies are too expensive. The vintage tremolo used on this guitar balances string tension which helps retain good tuning on your instrument.
Furthermore, this is the cheaper brand of electric guitars that are suitable for entry-level players. However, it delivers expectations higher than other high-end brands because it has better quality in aspects where those brands fail. We recommend that you get the guitar on its own and get a spare cable in case you do not receive the guitar cable it should come with.
Key Consideration when Buying the Best Electric Guitar for Blues
What you will consider as the best electric guitar for playing blues depends on what you want as a musician. Despite this, however, there should be a solid basis for you to help you determine what makes the instrument a good product. In here, we will discuss a few of the key factors that influence a person in selecting a product. These factors should give you an idea in choosing what kind of electric guitar you will pick on the list.
- Good Sound – An electric guitar is sometimes no different from an ordinary guitar when it comes to this factor. Just like any guitar, a good electric guitar should deliver a solid sound when you first play it. This might be dependent on how it is built or how it is strung, or even what materials are used on it. If you find that your electric guitar has a dull and dead sound, you should look for other guitars on the market.
- Appropriate Body Type – Electric guitars have many kinds of flavors when it comes to body type, as manufacturers decided to cater to different kinds of playing styles. These can be solid bodied, semi-hollow bodied, or hollow bodied guitars. The kind of body type your guitar will have will influence the kind of sound it will produce. It is wise to consider the type of music genre you are playing to be able to tell what kind of electric guitar you will have to buy.
- Good Grip – A good electric guitar should have a good grip of the strings that is strung on the body of the instrument. This means that you should look for a guitar that has a good action in order to produce the sound you are looking for. Also, the guitar strings should have a pleasant feel on your fingers while you try to produce sound out of it. If you encounter a guitar that requires you to hold it too tightly just to make the right sound, you may have to look for another instrument.
Overall, you may find that these electric guitars have some disadvantages. This is normal, as there has been no instrument that delivers great sound without having some drawbacks. If you find that these drawbacks are not necessarily a big deal-breaker for you, then you might find these products interesting. If not, you can always consider looking for other electric guitars in the market that blues players recommend. In the end, make sure to do your research.