Best Electric Guitar for Kids
The electric guitar, originally designed by George Beauchamp in 1931, is a special stringed instrument. It has a solid body and can take on any shape. This instrument, usually fitted with 6 strings, has electromagnetic pickups which help convert the string vibrations into electrical current.
Moreover, this current is then fed into an amplifier which in turn changes it into sound with different effects. Also, without the amplifier, the electric guitar itself will not be loud. The major components of an electric guitar are the body, neck, pickups, bridge, input, frets, pickguard, volume knobs, and tone knobs. Furthermore, the kind of music genre associated with electric guitars is rock, metal, alternative, and some pop music.
Quick Links: Best Electric Guitar for Kids
- Best Choice Full-Size Blue Electric Guitar with Amp
- New 30 Kids Black Electric Guitar
- Epiphone Les Paul Special-II Electric Guitar
- Silvertone Citation Electric Guitar and Amp Package
- Yamaha Gigmaker Electric Guitar Package
Best Electric Guitar for Kids: Reviews
Best Choice Full-Size Blue Electric Guitar with Amp
|VIEW LATEST PRICE|
New 30 Kids Black Electric Guitar with Amp
|VIEW LATEST PRICE|
Epiphone Les Paul Special-II Electric Guitar
|VIEW LATEST PRICE|
Silvertone Citation Electric Guitar and Amp Package
|VIEW LATEST PRICE|
Yamaha Gigmaker Electric Guitar Package
|VIEW LATEST PRICE|
As a loving parent, getting your child to become interested in playing an electric guitar can be a lot of work. Encouraging your child’s interest in playing the electric guitar is far easier. Even children who are interested in learning an electric guitar can be easily discouraged with the wrong instrument. You can always hone guitar skills into something extraordinary. However, to do so, you need the right one. So, this review is set to give you the very best options for your kids of all ages.
This best electric guitar for kids is beautifully made with a solid wood body, ebony fingerboard, and a truss rod neck. It has a single-coil pickup to produce a smooth tone and naturally bright sound. Moreover, you can play this guitar comfortably in any position. This starter guitar measures 39.5″ x 10.5″ x 2″ and 22 classic frets.
Furthermore, it comes with every accessory a starter needs to play comfortably out of the box. Inside, there are a spare set of strings, a pick, a nylon carrying case, a 10W Amp, an 8ft guitar cable, a Tremolo bar, and a strap. Overall, kids and learners of different age groups will find this guitar perfect for every musical genre.
This best electric guitar for kids is wood, has 6 steel strings, and a laminated body. Its fretboard and neck are of maple and its finish is smooth and very catchy. Moreover, it comes assembled and fully equipped with 5W amp, a shoulder strap, cable cord, extra set of strings, picks, and a nylon gig bag.
In addition, this right-hand beginners instrument is perfect for kids to learn hand-eye coordination. Stylish, durable, and having a dimension of 30″ x 12.2″ x 3.5″, this is overall a nice little guitar for your little rockstar.
This best electric guitar for kids is made with a mahogany body and neck, as well as a 22-fret rosewood fretboard. Additionally, it has 700T open-coil humbucker pickups and a scale of 24.75. It comes strung with 6 good quality strings and consequently gives great value for the money. Moreover, the sustain provided by the pickups is long and it bears the real tone of Les Paul.
Also, the bridge and tailpiece help in increasing the sustain as well as making the process of changing the string easier. Additionally, it has a limited lifetime warranty. Overall, it is beautiful and perfectly made for younger starters.
This best electric guitar for kids is built to precision with a nice “S” body, die-cast tuners, and a vintage tremolo bridge system. It has a body made of basswood, a maple fingerboard, and a single-coil pickup configuration. Additionally, 6 strings, 3 single coils, 5-way selector switch, 1 volume control, and 2 tone controls make up this musical instrument. Moreover, this starter guitar, having a double cutaway sculpted body, comes with a Smart II Silvertone Guitar Amp.
Furthermore, this Amp features a powerhouse carrying 20-Watts, a 6″ speaker, an overdrive that can be switched, a headphone output, and a 3-band EQ. When you buy Silvertone Citation Electric Guitar, you get a complete starter kit for your little guitarist. In addition, there is a nylon gig bag, a Silvertone digital tuner, a chord chart, a cable, guitar picks, a strap, and an extra set of good quality guitar strings.
This best electric guitar for kids is well valued for its great tone and excellent playability. An agathis body material, a maple neck, and a rosewood fretboard featuring 6 strings make up this starter guitar. Also, it comes with several pickup configurations for playing different music genres and styles.
Moreover, the old violin sunburst finish adds to the distinctive beauty of this musical instrument. Sturdy and beautiful, this guitar is of very high quality. Additionally, it comes in a size suitable for your older and highly motivated kids to grow up with.
Key Considerations When Choosing the Best Electric Guitar for Kids
Electric guitars have come to stay and are even easier to play than acoustic guitars. The sound from the electric guitar is really pleasing to the ears and incorporates many digital effects. Picking the best electric guitar for kids can be quite tough. This is because kids have special needs, some of which they are not even aware of. You have to help them make this decision by choosing the best for them. Some of the key considerations when choosing the best electric guitar for kids include:
- Size – You need to take sizing as a very important factor when choosing guitars for kids. You should take the kid’s height into consideration. The guitar has to be very comfortable and so last for some years before they outgrow it. Because of their smaller hands and body, a guitar of size 3/4 will be suitable. Many reputable brands make this size available, unlike the 1/2 size. Some kids, usually from 11 years old, comfortably use full-sized guitars. Below is the general rule of thumb for choosing an electric guitar:
- 3 – 6 Years – 30″
- 6 – 9 Years – 34″
- 9 – 12 Years – 36″
- 12 Years and above – Full size/standard
- Cost – Buying the best electric guitar for kids does not necessarily require that you break a bank. There are a lot of affordable decent instruments that you can get for your child. An electric guitar for kids should fall between $100 and $150. Guitars that fall within this range are usually easier to tune, easier to play, offer decent sound, and are less frustrating. You may require a more expensive guitar as the kid upgrades.
- Quality – You should check the body of your electric guitar for defects or flaws. A bad quality instrument will be a complete waste of money. Take time to ensure that the components of your guitar are well-made. The sound should be very good and the components complete. A good quality instrument will also come with very good amplifiers, strings, cords, batteries, and other accessories. Moreover, do not buy crappy electric guitars with terrible sounds.
- Accessories – The electric guitar is not the only thing you will spend money on. There are some additional accessories you will need to buy to make your guitar very playable. Also, these accessories include an amplifier, a cable, a gig case, tuner, picks, and stand are very necessary to play an electric guitar. They may come with your guitar at an affordable price or you may need to get them separately.
In conclusion, the role parents play in motivating their kids to play the guitar cannot be overemphasized. There is a certain joy in watching your kids grow into skilled guitarists. However, this takes a process – a process that involves a lot of training, motivation, patience, and some money. So, you have to buy the best electric guitar for kids to encourage and motivate them to become better.
Overall, this guitar should appeal to your kid’s ears and eyes while being well-sized and easy to play. For this reason, this review contains all you need to know before buying the best electric guitar for kids. In the end, we hope that this guide will be of use to you in finding the perfect guitar for your little one.