Best Electric Guitar Tuner
Tuners are devices for detection and display of the pitch of the musical notes from a musical instrument like an electric guitar. Right from the late 70’s and early 80’s, digital technology has come up with a great way to measure pitch. This is done using a microprocessor and then displaying the readings on either an LED or LCD screen.
Most electric guitar tuners have indicators which could be an analog needle-dial, LEDs, or LCD screen. They come in different types to match different guitars. Moreover, tuners offer different tunings depending on the type you get. Some types of tuners for electric guitars include hand-held tuners, pedal tuners, rack tuners, and mobile phone application tuners. Overall, tuners are great both for practicing at home and stage performance.
Quick Links: Best Electric Guitar Tuner
- D’Addario NS Micro Clip-On Tuner
- TC Electronic Polytune 2 Mini Pedal Tuner
- Korg GA1 Guitar and Bass Tuner
- Boss TU3 Chromatic Tuner Pedal
- Snark SN-8 Super Tight All Instrument Tuner
Our Best Rated Electric Guitar Tuner Reviewed.
D’Addario NS Micro Clip-On Tuner
|VIEW LATEST PRICE|
TC Electronic Polytune 2 Mini Pedal Tuner
|VIEW LATEST PRICE|
Korg GA1 Guitar and Bass Tuner
|VIEW LATEST PRICE|
Boss TU3 Chromatic Tuner Pedal
|VIEW LATEST PRICE|
Snark SN-8 Super Tight All Instrument Tuner
|VIEW LATEST PRICE|
Tuners are important accessories you need to have at hand each time you play to get in-tune. Overall, the best electric guitar tuner should be highly accurate, compact, easy to use, lightweight, and affordable. Since there are numerous electric guitars tuners currently available on the market, it is often difficult to get the best. Our recommended products here will simplify the process for you.
The D’Addario NS Micro Clip-on Tuner is designed to be an accurate and concise clip-on tuner usable by a lot of instruments with headstocks. It comes in a design that is very easy to use and lightweight. Additionally, this tuner features a piezo sensor and a backlit display. Moreover, they both work together to consequently provide effortless and quick chromatic tuning in all environments, whether dim, noisy or well-lit.
Also, you can easily hide it behind the headstock from your audience because of its slick, compact design. In addition, it sports a rotatable screen together with an adjustable padded clamp to provide maximum positioning and viewing angles. It also comes with an auto-off system that automatically triggers power off when the tuner is not in use for at least 10 minutes. This way, you can maximize the battery life. Overall, this clip-on tuner is highly versatile, concise and very easy to use.
TC Electronic Polytune 2 Mini Pedal Tuner allows you to tune all your strings at a go, accurately. It features an amazing LED display unit that is large, big and reactive. The unit makes tuning a lot easier in any environment. Also, the display also come in more than 100 super-bright LEDs which make reading extremely visible even in the broad daylight. In addition, this tuner sports a MonoPoly function that makes it simple to tune an individual string. It works in a way that you don’t have to manually change your tuning modes.
Furthermore, this awesome system does the job for you automatically. The tuner also presents the options of choosing between the classical chromatic mode and a stroboscopic mode for tuning a single string. Moreover, one beautiful thing about the stroboscopic mode is that it has a +/-0.1-cent sensitivity. This will definitely enable the higher accuracy of your tuning.
The Korg GA1 Guitar and Bass Tuner is built to be an affordable, excellent option for guitarists and bass players alike. It comes in a super-compact body that has unbelievable functionality together with convenient tuning. Moreover, the tuner features an automatic pitch detection system and it is highly sensitive. Additionally, it has about three tuning modes, such as bass mode, quants flat mode, and guitar mode. The guitar mode can support up to 7 string guitars while the bass mode can help tune 5 and 6 string basses.
Furthermore, the GA1 sports a super-compact LCD display unit that is easy to read with an accurate functionality. Another conspicuous feature is the sound out. It enables the tuner to play out pitches from the internal speaker to aid tuning by ear. To conserve the battery life, it sports an auto power off function that automatically power off the tuner when not used for over 20 minutes.
Boss TU3 Chromatic Tuner Pedal is designed to be reliable and accurate both indoors and outdoors. It is stylishly designed with a display that reflects to improve visibility. The LED light is very bright to suit any situation. Additionally, an extraordinary LCD feature with true color is also integrated into this tuner to ensure visuals that are both full and multi-colored.
To add on, with its robust body, this tuner will offer great functionality and flat tuning of about five semitones. It is very easy to take along with you on trips and very well constructed. Moreover, the tuner consequently ensures a very fast reaction and excellent tuning accuracy.
Snark SN-8 Super Tight All Instrument Tuner helps you get your electric guitar perfectly tuned so you sound far better. It stays put on your guitar even when it is not in use without the need for frequent retuning. Its power saving feature ensures that your battery is conserved by dimming the tuner display 5 seconds after inactivity. This tuner display also becomes bright again as soon as it detects a note but goes off 2 minutes after inactivity. The display for this tuner has a full color that consequently shows larger frequency lines that are easier to read.
Additionally, there is an internal vibration sensor for note detection, as well as transpose feature for tuning with a capo. Moreover, other features of this versatile tuner are pitch calibration, a tap tempo metronome, and the clamp with gripping jaws made of rubber. Also, the tuner comes with a 3V lithium battery, is very lightweight, small, and easy to use. It is also very fast, reliable and tunes perfectly.
Key Considerations for Buying the Best Electric Guitar Tuner
The first thing to do after picking your guitar is to get it in tune. Tuners are practical solutions to tuning problems. Keeping your electric guitar in tune is necessary if you want to play great music. As one of the guitar gears, tuners are generally very easy to use and ensure accurate tuning. In the end, the best electric guitar tuner should offer awesome features that will give you perfect tuning. Some of the key considerations for buying the best electric guitar tuner are seen below.
- Accuracy – The accuracy of your electric guitar tuner is very important in tuning your instrument. To get a very accurate tune, you need a very accurate tuner. Also, playing with a bad tune is terrible for your musical career.
- Ease of Use – The best tuner for your electric guitar should be very easy to use. It should not take too much to put your tuner to good use. Also, the features should not be too difficult to access or use.
- Chromatic Tuner – Chromatic tuners are great for tuning any note in a musical scale. With this kind of tuner, you can tune even tune reference notes. Moreover, guitarists who want to tune their instrument in a way that is not standard will love the chromatic tuner. In contrast, with non-chromatic tuners, you may only be able to tune to specific notes. Additionally, they may be great for beginners but are not as versatile as chromatic tuners. Chromatic tuners are therefore the best types of tuners to get for your electric guitar.
- Size – Your tuner has to be compact to make sure that it fits into your guitar case. Also, if they are small enough, they will not crowd your pedal boards too. In the end, a compact or portable tuner is the best choice for your electric guitar.
- Speed – Your electric guitar tuner has to be very fast so you can tune quickly, especially when you are performing on stage. Moreover, you should be able to get the perfect tuning in a very short time with the best tuner.
- Weight – The perfect tuner for your electric guitar has to be light. A heavy tuner will add too much weight to your instrument. Also, it could also make it harder to carry along when you have to go for a gig or performance.
In summary, there are very few guitarists who have the perfect pitch. For those who cannot attain this pitch, a tuner is an absolute necessity. In the end, tuners open up many possibilities for guitarists. They could be simple tuning forks, pitch pipes, or digital tuners.
Overall, the tuners in this review are the best for electric guitars. They are very efficient, fast, accurate, and come highly recommended. Also, these beautiful instruments tune great and will make your music sound great too. All in all, you can be sure that you will find the best tuner for your electric guitar in this article.