10 Best Headphones for Electronic Drums
This page contains affiliate links. We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post through our independently chosen links, which earn us a commission. Learn More
When you purchase an electronic drum set it sometime comes with free headphones, so most of the time you would feel like that is enough to get you going. However, when you get to use a quality one, you will realize how much difference there is with the sound and all.
I’m not saying that people should buy drum headphones because the free ones suck. I mean if you want to feel the real sound, then a little investment in headphones for the drums would do magic. Additionally, there`s no need to worry because it doesn’t have to be expensive.
Best Rated Headphones for Electronic Drums Reviewed.
Vic Firth Stereo Isolation Headphones
|VIEW LATEST PRICE|
Roland V-Drums Stereo Headphones (RH-300V)
|VIEW LATEST PRICE|
CAD Audio DH100 Drummer Isolation Headphones
|VIEW LATEST PRICE|
Alesis DRP100 Over-Ear Reference Headphones Built for Professional Electronic Drum Monitoring
|VIEW LATEST PRICE|
Koss QZ-99 Noise Reduction Stereo-phone
|VIEW LATEST PRICE|
Here are some of the best headphones for electronic drums that are perfect for drumming synchronization.
It is not easy to drum with headphones on and having to multitask drumming and listening to quality of music being produced, but these headphones significantly reduce noise interference up to 24dB. This means that there is no need for loud volumes just to get a clear sound quality like other low quality headphones would require.
- The headphones are specially made to protect against loud music that would hurt the user`s ears.
- Reduces the amount of external noise interference to the ear.
- It provides valuable protection from possible damage.
- The 6FT Straight Cord provides a perfect fit for an average person.
- They provide maximum comfort due to the quality cushions.
Fully optimized for custom settings when playing V-Drums; the RH-300V delivers on point, great sound. The headphones provide quality sound of every piece of the set from the cymbals to the bass drum. In turn, the RH-300 gives an enjoyable and exciting drumming experience making it more satisfying.
- High-quality sound.
- The Soft cushion on head strap of the headphones provide comfort. Also, this enhances the headphones and ensures they stay in place.
- Excellent external sound isolation through its closed-back, circumaural design.
- Long straight cord, 2.5M that provides comfort and convenience while playing.
- Gold-plated 1/8-inch (3.5 mm) stereo mini plug which includes a 1/4-inch (6.35 mm) threaded adapter
The CAD Audio DH100 is a high-output stereo isolation headphone with an extended low-frequency response. These features of the DH100 enables the user to attenuate noise up to 19db and at the same time monitor the music. Also, it makes it possible to record a track during a performance with superior clarity.
- High output Neodymium drivers.
- It provides maximum comfort and sound isolation through its cushions.
- External noise reduction ability to levels of about 19dB.
The Alesis DRP100 is an electronic drum headphones for the modern day drummer that incorporate extra high audio isolation and accurate sound reproduction. It provides an excellent monitor for the electric drum both on set and in studio. The DRP100 comes with special features able to capture the nuances as well as dynamics of the electronic drum kit. Its delivers a wide, tight end and low frequency response through its 40mm full-range drivers. Additionally, this ensures that every piece of the kit is heard crystal-clear.
- Over-ear design that provides comfort and audio insulation.
- Stable and flexible sweat-proof silicone headband.
- Rugged, lightweight design to withstand the rigors of daily use
- Powerful 40mm full-range drivers that provides wide frequency response.
- 6-foot (1.8m) attached the cable with 1/8-inch (3.5mm) stereo mini-plug; 1/4-inch (6.3mm) headphone plug adapter included.
The QZ99 Passive Noise-Reducing stereo Headphones from KOSS are designed to take the drummer in another world. This is made possible through the Pneumalite(TM) ear cushions which consists of an extra-secure headband help with passive sound isolation. Subsequently, this allows the use to focus on the drums and concentrate without interference from external noise. To enhance of efficiency, the volume control is located on the ear cup for total ease of use.
- Wired neodymium magnet structures for outstanding sound definition and clarity.
- Closed Pneumalite (Tm) ear cushions for noise cancellation.
- Volume control on ear cup allows easy level adjustment
- Stereo/mono switch extends user flexibility
- Stereo-phone system that isolates the user from ambient sounds
- Volume control buttons.
The Roland RH-200 Monitor Headphones are designed specifically for the studio. They deliver accuracy, comfort, and Mondo power. They come 40mm drivers with neodymium magnets and copper-clad aluminum wire voice coils to provide the exact sound needed for real-time monitoring. The Roland headphones also contains a high-quality cable with built-in strain relief. Regarding monitoring quality, they are comfortable, and deliver accurate tonal reproduction.
- 40mm drivers.
- Neodymium magnet.
- 100 dB/mW sensitivity.
- 1,600 mW at the 1kHz maximum input.
The Crossfade M-100 has made a name for itself as the first crowd-sourced, lightweight metal headphones with an ability to isolate noise. For this reason, this audiophile sound signature has been recognized in the 20+ Editors’ Choice Awards, as well as the CNET where DJ Mag back to back voted them as the #1 Headphones.
- Over 200 audiophile aficionados. Connectivity Technology: Wired.
- Patented 50mm Dual-Diaphragm Drivers that separates the bass from the mids and highs.
- Compact in design for easy transport.
The RH-5 headphones are the ideal set for electronic musical instruments such as the V-Drums. The headphones come with high-performance drivers and large-scale housings which equates to quality sound and comfort. The performance of this headphones is suitable for musical-instrument practice as well as audio-playback applications.
- Comes with high-performance φ40mm drivers for quality and dynamic sound.
- Balanced frequency spectrum with flat and natural response.
- Large-scale, lightweight design.
- Conversion plug that accommodates standard and mini headphone connectors.
The H850 from Edifier is the pinnacle of pristine audio. Escape into the untold worlds by putting on these headphones as you work on the drums. Listen to all types of genres including EDM, hip-hop, rock, heavy metal and many others. Good sound and music aid in transforming your surroundings. The H850 headphones are there to elevate that experience and enhance your audio to the next level.
- Ergonomic and lightweight design with leather pads for comfort and noise isolation.
- The sound is finely tuned. F40mm neodymium magnet drivers in the closed back for true sound.
- Travel-friendly. Fold flat, Removable cable for easy transport, ¼” adapter included.
The MDR-ZX110NC Noise Cancelling Headphones, provides close to complete noise cancellation. Featuring a 12–22,000 Hz frequency response for pristine bass, mids, and treble, these lightweight headphones reduce ambient noise by 95%. In this view, the user gets clear sound quality which makes it efficient for electronic drums.
- Over-ear, Noise-isolating Headphones. Connectivity Technology: Wired
- 30mm Neodymium Driver. 110 dB/mW – Power off, 115 dB/mW – Power on
- Up To 80 Hours Of Battery Life
- Frequency response:10-22,000 Hz
Things to consider when Buying Headphones for Electronic Drums
To monitor your play, you will mostly have to depend on the ears. But think what if you get to plug in a headphone that brings on the hi-hats from the kicks- everything right next to your ears? Well, we’re talking about best headphones for electronic drums that are perfect for drumming synchronization. Here are some of the factors to consider before going for your pick of headphones for electronic drums.
- Sound quality– This goes without saying that you need a headphone that brings on the highest sound quality to ears. They should provide detailed sound, and you should be able to hear every single stroke on the drum sets.
- Size of headphones– Another factor to consider is the size of the headphone. Where else small and slim headphones may be portable and easy to move around with, headphones with a large diaphragm and entered closure of the earbuds make them best for use in the studio.
- Noise-canceling – The best headphones should not allow for interference from external sound. Headphones with enclosed contours of the earbuds are the best when it comes to noise cancellation.
- Budget– You should also consider the budget you have for the headphones. You will need to pay a little more to get the highest quality of headphones, but there are still headphones with amazing sound quality that go for a relatively low price.
We have analyzed the best headphones or electronic drums; now you have everything that a drummer needs to know to buy the Best Headphones for their Electronic Drums. However, we would advise you to have the driver and frequency range perfect before you make your purchase.
Otherwise, there is a great chance of mistaking your desire. You will also note that most of the high-quality headphones for electronic drums are relatively expensive. This should not scare you away; you may find that they are worth the price. Hope you will find the right headphones that suit your needs perfectly. Best of luck!