Best Student Violins For Beginners
This page contains affiliate links. We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post through our independently chosen links, which earn us a commission. Learn More
Buying a student violin can be very confusing. Most overzealous buyers often get disappointed at the end of the day. Therefore, finding one that suits your preferences within a specific budget will surely require some effort.
There is a need for deliberate research to know which model will be great for your learning experience. On top of that, it is important to know that the quality of your instrument will determine how well and fast you move up the learning ladder. Thus, we have a list here that has got something quality within your budget range.
Key Consideration When Buying Student Violins
There is every possibility that you may shop for the wrong violin. This occurs when you do not have the proper information about this type of instrument. However, our top priority here is to brief you on what to consider before making your buying decision.
- Brand – Brand is one of the key factors you must put on your priority list. More often than not, the brand of a violin will determine its level of quality. There are some manufacturers best known for quality and attention to details. Also, there are others that do provide excellent customer service. Generally, the knowledge of what a brand can offer will determine whether your expectation can be met or not.
- Size – Getting the right size of the violin is a must if you truly want to enjoy your learning experience. Notably, the common measure of violin sizes is fractions. The sizes often available are ¼, ½, and ¾, while a violin with a full size is regarded as a 4/4. As a student or learner, you need to find the violin size you are most comfortable with.
- Extra Accessories – A violin without any accessories is as good as bad. Buying extra parts such as strings, bow etc after spending hundreds of dollars may not be a wise investment. Also, make sure you are aware of the quality of the violin case for proper protection.
- Budget – What ultimately determines the type and quality of the instrument is your budget. Student violin prices often range from somewhere below $100 to something close to $1000. Moreover, it is always great to set your budget right before hitting the market. Although there is always a violin for every budget, your personal preferences and budget should be the main determinant.
Quick Links: Best Student Violins For Beginners
- Mendini 4/4 MV300 Solid Wood Satin Antique Violin
- Ricard Bunnel G2 Student Violin Outfit
- Cecilio CVN-300 Solidwood Ebony Fitted Violin
- Mendini ¾ MV400 Ebony Fitted Solid Wood Violin
- Louis Carpini G2 Violin Outfit 4/4 Size
Best Rated Student Violin Reviewed.
Mendini 4/4 MV300 Solid Wood Satin Antique Violin
|VIEW LATEST PRICE|
Ricard Bunnel G2 Student Violin Outfit
|VIEW LATEST PRICE|
Cecilio CVN-300 Solidwood Ebony Fitted Violin
|VIEW LATEST PRICE|
Mendini ¾ MV400 Ebony Fitted Solid Wood Violin
|VIEW LATEST PRICE|
Louis Carpini G2 Violin Outfit 4/4 Size
|VIEW LATEST PRICE|
There are lots of factors that do come to play when looking for a violin as a student. The most prominent thing is the cost. That is why many brands offer student range violins within budget. Furthermore, it can be tiring getting the best products available on the market. Our list here saves you the stress of looking through so many suggestions. The student violins in this article are some of the best you can choose from.
The Mendini MV300 Violin has a handmade solid spruce top. While its back and sides are carved out of maple. Also, the fingerboard, pegs and chin rest are all of the maples. It also features an alloy tailpiece together with four integrated fine tuners. Moreover, this outfit comes with a lightweight hard case and a Brazilwood bow. Other accessories are rosin, adjustable shoulder rest, an extra set of strings and two bridges.
Furthermore, the Mendini MV300 Violin has got loads of value for the price. Students or new entrants looking for high-quality violins to play with will find this very affordable. In addition, it produces a crispy and warm sound that is easy to flow with. It also comes with an outfit that offers necessary accessories you will need to get started. Overall, this is an amazing quality, entry-level violin available at an unbelievable price.
The Ricard Bunnel G2 Student Violin is handcrafted with strong maple and spruce tonewood. The fittings come in 100% original ebony and oil finish. In particular, the oil finish is frequently on more expensive violins. Also, this violin comes pre-setup and ready to play right out of the box. Moreover, this is why Kennedy Violins usually employs the best professional luthiers to assemble and set up this outfit.
In addition, part of the value you get for your money is the excellent customer service that this company has got to offer. Overall, the package includes a solid, Brazilwood bow, a shoulder rest, an ‘Intro to Violin’ book and a clip-on tuner. Furthermore, the Ricard Bunnel G2 Violin will be a perfect choice for a violin student who wants to move up the skill ladder.
The Cecilio CVN-300 Solidwood Ebony Fitted Violin has a solid spruce top and a maple back. Also its neck and sides are of maple with inlaid purfling in classic varnish. These solid woods all combine to help the production of a unique, rich sound. It features a set of D’Addario prelude strings that offer sweet violin experience.
In addition, the chin rest makes this violin extremely comfortable to hold and play. Furthermore, it sports a lot of amazing features, which enable it to continue to be an Amazon’s Choice. Some of its valuable features include a solid case, a shoulder rest, two violin bows, a cake of rosin and a chromatic tuner. Finally, it offers to be an optimal investment for the price.
The Mendini ¾ MV400 Ebony Fitted Solid Wood Violin just like the MV300, is made up of a solid wood spruce top. While its back, neck, and sides are carved out of maple. Also, its overall design is complete with a beautiful varnish finish and inlaid purfling. Moreover, the fingerboard, pegs and chin rest all come in ebony wood with an alloy tailpiece.
Furthermore, the MV400 looks elegant and colorful. With its beautiful design comes a bright and vibrant tone. This tone helps project energetic and crispy sound you can’t resist. In addition, one of its major features is the two Brazilwood bows with unbleached, original Mongolian horsehair. Other accessories include adjustable shoulder rest, quality rosin cake, an extra set of violin strings and a lightweight hard case. Overall, this is another Amazon’s choice that you can’t regret picking up.
The Louis Carpini G2 Violin Outfit is the best student option from Kennedy Violins. It is handmade with solid maple and spruce tonewood. Also, its overall design is complete with 100% genuine ebony fittings and oil finish. Moreover, it is pre-setup and ready to play right out of the box.
In addition, the Louis Carpini G2 is the highest-rated violin on Amazon. This is an instrument you can trust to up well as it has a lifetime warranty and 45-day money-back guarantee. Some of its major accessories include a professional case, D’Addario Prelude strings, genuine Brazilwood bow and rosin. Although it is very pricey, you will surely get value for your money.
In the end, if your major goal as a student is to become an iconic professional violinist, then high-quality violin and dedication is something to think about. A good quality violin is not often easy to come by. That is why we have taken some effort to come up with some of the best student violins available on the market.
Overall, our list has got something valuable for every budget. Kindly go through and pick the one suitable for your learning experience.