Best Violin Cases
Violins are basically delicate and elegant. They get damaged easily if not properly cared for and protected. One of the ways you can care for yours is by buying a case for it. However, getting the right violin cases from the market is usually not that easy.
There is a need for some research and proper guidance when obtaining the right case. Therefore, in this article, we shall let you know some of the critical factors you must consider before paying for any violin case.
Quick Links: Best Violin Cases
- Protec MX044 4/4 Violin Shaped Max Case
- ADM 4/4 Full Size Basic Professional Triangular Shape Super Light Suspension Violin Hard Case
- Featherweight C-3960 Deluxe Violin Case
- Crossrock CRA400VFSL 4/4 Full Size Violin Case
- Violin Hard Case Aileen 4/4 Full Size Luxury Fiberglass
Best Rated Violin Cases Reviewed.
Protec MX044 4/4 Violin Shaped Max Case
|VIEW LATEST PRICE|
ADM 4/4 Full Size Basic Professional Triangular Shape Super Light Suspension Violin Hard Case
|VIEW LATEST PRICE|
Featherweight C-3960 Deluxe Violin Case
|VIEW LATEST PRICE|
Crossrock CRA400VFSL 4/4 Full Size Violin Case
|VIEW LATEST PRICE|
Violin Hard Case Aileen 4/4 Full Size Luxury Fiberglass With Hygrometer Suspension
|VIEW LATEST PRICE|
Violins are generally very delicate and fragile. They get broken easily if not handled properly. One of the ways to care for your priced instrument is by obtaining a solid case for it. Needless to say that there are thousands of violin cases available on the market today. It, therefore, becomes confusing when deciding which one to opt for. Our list here contains some of the best models you can find around.
The Protec MX044 Violin Case is built to offer long lasting, quality protection. It has a frame designed with a lightweight shock absorbing foam. Also, its outer layer is made with tough 600D nylon. Moreover, it comes with all needed features to protect your violin from abrasion and extreme weather. Additionally, for easy carriage, it sports a handle design that is dual-corded with a soft wrap.
Also, it comes with a shoulder strap you can easily adjust for your convenience. In addition to its well laid out design, the interior has got a lot of thrills to offer. Furthermore, the interior has a soft lining with suspension padding to keep your violin in place. In the end, there are lots of compartments both in and out, to house many accessories and other personal effects.
The ADM Full Size Triangular Shape Violin is added to this list because of its affordability and quality. It is made of very thick pressurized styrofoam shell. Its cover is of Nylon Oxford raincoat fabric. While the interior is designed with soft velvet-like material to help prevent scratching. To lessen the force of impact on your violin, there is a suspension cushion on the interior. This helps keep the violin in place.
Furthermore, there is a metal clasp placed on the shoulder strap and backpack that makes this case comfortable and convenient to carry. Moreover, this is truly an affordable, portable sized violin case perfect for students. Also, it is suitable for players who do not want to invest much in a case.
The Featherweight C-3960 Deluxe Violin Case is a combination of lightweight, quality makeup and affordability. Moreover, while its wooden frame reinforcements provides adequate protection for your instrument. Also the padded and molded inner case keeps your violin snugly right in place. It comes with both internal and external compartments that can house all needed accessories.
Furthermore, this is a strong cover that has the ability to withstand the cruelty of the elements. Most especially, its beautiful exterior design made with extra rugged Cordura will surely hold up for a long time. Overall, it features a sturdy ABS handle and adjustable shoulder straps, which with the maximum amount of convenience and portability.
The Crossrock CRA400VFSL 4/4 Violin Case comes with a cool, robot exterior design. Its interior is made of hard foam core with a very soft lining. Moreover, this combines well with the half suspension design to provide maximum protection for your violin. In addition, the backpack design will enable you to to travel without leaving your musical friend behind.
Furthermore, for the security of the violin, it has got a perfect combination lock closing system in place. It features a very large compartment together. On top of that, it also sports a lid and two bow holders. This means you can pack all necessary accessories into this case without stress. Overall, you can truly trust this case on anti-scratch, affordability, and maximum protection.
The Aileen Violin Hard Case is a cool looking and functional violin case that will make your instrument stand out. It is a full-size case with a triangular shape. Also, the interior is velvet. While the exterior is made with a durable fiberglass for solid protection. Moreover, this case also features a large compartment for accessories and other extras.
Furthermore, you can carry this case with the comfortable handle. Also, it can be carried as a backpack using the adjustable shoulder straps. In addition, it has a built-in hygrometer which consequently ensures your violin is kept in perfect condition. This will definitely be a perfect choice for players of all level.
Key Consideration When Buying a Violin Case
Violin cases offer adequate protection for the violin from the harsh conditions such a bump and fall. In order to prevent your instrument from getting damaged, it is essential you have a good quality case in place. Thus, when buying a violin case there are certain factors that you must consider.
- Shape – Violin cases come in various shapes and sizes. There are some that come oblong or rectangular shape. Also, some are of a dart-like design which is regarded as half-moon shaped. The dart-shaped cases are usually very compact and can accommodate few accessories. On the other hand, the oblong-shaped type is slightly roomier and can thus, house more things. Additionally, note that rectangular cases are usually on the heavier side due to their larger sizes.
- Size – Apart from the shape of a violin case, the second side of the coin is the size. It is very important to get the right size for your instrument. One of the ways to go about that is to know your violin size before buying any case for it. For instance, if your violin is full size then you should look for a case that is for full-size violin.
- Construction Materials – Materials to make a violin case is a major determinant of its quality. There are several types of materials used in the construction of violin cases. Some of them include leather, fiberglass, compact foam, and wood. However, you need to know that each material has got its merits and demerits. For example, cases from wood tend to be more durable but they are often rigid and hard to travel with. Moreover, while carbon fiber cases seem to be often the preferable option, they are usually very lightweight, flexible and durable. Moreover, you can easily carry them on a plane.
- Interior Design – It is equally important to keep an eye on the features the interior can offer. Most of the violin cases made with velvet interior are often very beautiful. Apart from the beauty, velvet interior properly keeps your violin and its accessories in place. Additionally, another feature you should look out for is the compartments. Also, a question to ask yourself is: does the interior have enough rooms to house the needed accessories and extras? You will also want to know if there is a space for your music sheet.
In conclusion, you will agree with me that not just any violin case will be suitable for your adorable instrument. There is definitely a need for the deliberate effort that must be employed in making the right choice. Additionally, some of the factors in this article will enable you to arrive at the suitable option are size, shape, construction materials and interior design.
Moreover, they should be adequately considered. Also, our recommended products here meet most features you can find in the best quality violin cases. Thus, this means you can conveniently make your pick from among the list.